- Fabrizio Quirighetti, notre Chief Investment Officer, explique dans le journal l’Agefi pourquoi il n’est plus possible aujourd’hui de présenter l’or uniquement comme une valeur refuge (Agefi,13/11/2020).
- The Covid-19 pandemic has upped the speed of digitisation of financial services
- Online lending, P2P transactions, mobile wallets, cryptocurrencies: fintechs are reshaping the industry
- Regulators will be the ultimate judges, balancing the benefits and risks of an increasingly cashless society
- Day trading platforms like Robinhood have attracted scores of new users this year…
- … contributing to a self-fulfilling rally in equities, but also greater polarisation and volatility
- History is not kind as to how such bubbles end – although the turning point may not be imminent
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation has just released «Financing the Circular Economy: Capturing the Opportunity», outlining why finance is vital to the transition to a circular economy. Decalia, a Swiss pioneer in the circular economy, is mentioned in the report for managing one of the very few equity funds devoted exclusively to this theme.
- Building a hydrogen eco-system will be key in attaining carbon-neutrality targets
- Investors have been flocking into companies that promise a revolution in transportation
- For less hyped and more indirect investment opportunities, look rather to the industrial space
- Virtual competitions helped keep fans, broadcasters and sponsors satisfied during lockdown
- The Covid-19 pandemic may well be serving to accelerate the transformation of the sport ecosystem
- Streamlined events, less travel, greater digitalisation: the characteristics of tomorrow’s sporting world?
LuxFlag, the independent investment fund rating agency, has awarded DECALIA Circular economy with the ESG label. The strategy has been recognized for its commitment to sustainable principles throughout its investment process.
- The Covid-19 shock is driving individuals, companies and governments to look inward
- Supply chains, particularly – but not only – in critical industries, stand to be overhauled
- Reshoring and greater operational resilience will, however, come at a certain cost
Dans cette chronique, Clément Maclou, Gérant de DECALIA Silver Generation commente les nouvelles opportunités apparues durant la pandémie et la course acharnée pour la découverte d’un vaccin.
Cette crise sans précédent a mis en lumière quatre sous-secteurs de la santé en particulier.
Interview with Clément Maclou on the new European Circular Economy plan. This plan is one of the main blocks of the European Green Deal. Many initiatives were announced for a cleaner & more competitive Europe.
- As they ease lockdown measures, authorities are unveiling ambitious schemes to increase cycling
- Demand for e-bikes, in particular, is booming – a silver lining of the coronavirus
- A thriving biking ecosystem offers many opportunities for investors
- Exiting lockdowns will take time and involve systematic testing & tracing
- Defeating Covid-19 requires an effective vaccine – still at least 12 months away
- Cooperation, between countries but also companies, will be essential in this effort
DECALIA Asset Management has hired Marcus Kirschner to ensure the development of its asset management activities in German-speaking Switzerland. Following the arrival in May 2019 of Bernhard Utiger as Head of Development for the region, DECALIA thus continues its expansion in Switzerland. In just a few years, DECALIA has launched several innovative strategies, with thematic funds and private markets solutions providing an effective offering for the changing investment environment.
- Social distancing brings many challenges but also the opportunity to study and work differently
- Artificial intelligence (AI), chatbots and extended reality are transforming the online learning experience
- Remote working is a win-win solution – for employees, employers but also the environment
DECALIA Asset Management ha assunto Jean-Christophe Labbé come gestore del fondo DECALIA Millennials. In tale ruolo, si unirà pertanto al team di gestione tematica sulle tendenze di consumo diretto da Clément Maclou. Prima di approdare in DECALIA, Jean-Christophe Labbé ha gestito con successo uno dei migliori fondi tematici rivolto alla generazione dei Millennials per Goldman Sachs a New York.
- At the time of writing, Italy, Denmark, Belgium, Spain, and France have all gone on nation-wide lockdowns. The UK, and we assume many others, are likely to follow suit, soon.
- There is no precedent for almost entire populations working from home, with schools and borders shut.
- These are truly extraordinary times, and not a scenario any market participant was betting on just four weeks ago.
- While the depth of the crisis took us by surprise, consumer patterns have shifted to businesses we know and like. It looks like staying at home is forcing entire populations to live more like Millennials!
- A new era of space exploration is dawning
- Governments, but also private investors, aim to send humans to distant orbits
- The toughest challenge may well lie in drawing up the laws of a Galactic Republic
DECALIA Asset Management expands its range of strategies with the launch of DECALIA Dividend Growth, a fund invested in global equities offering better prospects for dividend growth. Tested for more than 3 years in the form of a dynamic certificate, this investment concept has confirmed the superior results obtained historically by this type of strategy, with a clear outperformance compared to the market as a whole and lower volatility.
- Almost one in five couples now meet online
- US Match Group and Chinese Momo own the most popular dating apps…
- … with Facebook well equipped to join the fray
- 2019 may well be be remembered as the turning point for ESG investing
- The range of ESG vehicles is fast expanding, with large asset managers joining the fray
- As money continues to pour into this space, ESG rating systems will need to improve